Thursday, May 11, 2023

Generator Starting Battery

A quick update on the generator battery: I pulled the battery out of the boat, which is no small feat since it's installed behind the starboard engine. When I took it to Battery Warehouse, they tested it and said it's good. I was surprised, and they told me that they would love to sell me a battery, but not today. So, I re-installed the battery, and cleaned up the connections at the battery post. I tried starting the generator and it fired right up. I could still have a problem with the starter motor on the generator, so I'll keep an eye on how it starts the next few times, but it could be that the connections were the entire issue. New lesson: it's worth checking the connections closely before assuming that the battery is bad. I could have saved myself some muscle work if I hadn't jumped to the wrong conclusion.

No comments: